2020-21 Pre-K Information
We are currently waiting to conduct in-person Pre-K enrollment. We will post information on Pre-K round-up as soon as it is finalized.
In order to qualify for public school Pre-K, students must meet the following state requirements:
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2019 AND qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.