Welcome to Mrs. Pennington's 5th Grade Math
This will be my 16th year to teach at Grandview. For 12 of those years, I taught 4th grade math. This will be my second year to teach 5th grade math and I am looking forward to it. My conference period is from 2:30-3:25 each day. If you ever need to get in contact with me, please don't hesitate to email or call the school. If you email, please make sure you put your child's name in the subject line.
Tips for having a successful year in math.
1) Check your child's planner each day and sign. Assignments will be written there.
2) Make sure your child comes to school prepared each day. Make sure they have their planner, books, homework and supplies!
3) Please make sure your child gets a good night sleep each day so they are prepared to learn the next day. Also, make sure they eat a good breakfast in the morning. Our lunch is at 12:30 pm.
4) Set a time each day when your child comes home to complete their homework. Have them get into this habit early!
5) Have your child spend some time each day practicing their multiplication facts for speed. They should have memorized these in 4th grade.
6) Please have your child at school each day on time by 7:50 am.
7) If possible, please do not check your child out of school early.
8) Have your child at school each day! Attendance is important for a successful year!
9) Please check over your child's math homework each night and have them make corrections on the missed ones. Many times I take grades on their homework and this is an easy way to get a 100%.