2022 - 2023
TeachersMrs. Kim Smith Mrs. Kaley Bradleykimsmith@gvisd.org firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. Karla Hsieh Mrs. Lois Campbellkherrera@gvisd.org email@example.com
- School start and end times
School begins at 7:50. When students arrive they must go to the gym to wait with their Pre-K classroom. School ends at 3:25.
- Child pick up locations and methods:
- WALK-UP: Pick up your child from the outside library door.
- DRIVE THRU LINE: Drive through the line and we will get your child to you. Please remember to have your child’s name and grade visible in vehicle window.
***Please let us know if your child will be picked up in the walk-up line OR the drive through line.
We MUST have a note if there is a change in the way your child will get home. For security reasons, please send this in writing with your signature, including date and give to your teacher or call the school office before 2:00!
- Can my child ride the bus?
Yes, if you are on a bus route that has been approved. Please check with the office for information. If your child rides the bus on the first day of school, please make sure the office has your correct address. We will know what bus they ride and we will get them on the correct bus.
- Do I need to send a snack to school every day with my child?
No, your teacher will assign 2-3 separate weeks of snacks. You will be asked to provide snacks for that whole week for all students. I will send home a reminder note on the Monday before your week. Please send the snacks on the Friday before your designated week.
- Will my child be taking a nap at school?
Yes, we will be taking a nap daily. Please send a blanket or nap mat to school so your child has something to lay on during nap time. Due to small locker space, please do not send sleeping bags, etc.
- What if my child is late to school?
If your child arrives past 8:00, they will need to enter through the front office.
- Will my child be eating lunch at school?
Yes, we will be serving lunch to all Pre-K students in the cafeteria daily. Students are not allowed to take food or beverages out of the cafeteria. Your child may also bring their own lunch. Please do not send an extra drink if your child is getting a lunch tray for that day.
- What is the best way to contact the teacher?
Our conference time is from 12:15-1:15. If you would like to schedule a conference to discuss anything, please feel free to call or send a note and we will do our best to accommodate you. Our phone number is 817-866-4600.
- Will my child be bringing home daily folders?
Yes, your child will have a folder to take home and bring back daily. Please sign it daily and remove all paper work. This is very important because it is our way of communicating! We are constantly sending notes home.
- Does my child need to bring a change of clothes?
Yes. Please send an extra change of clothes to school enclosed in a zip-lock bag in your child’s backpack as soon as possible. Please put name on zip-lock bag.
*** Please include the following items: underwear, socks, shirt, pants or shorts.
- Do I need to purchase school supplies for my child?
Yes. If you did not get the free school supplies that were handed out, you will need to purchase your school supplies at a store using the list provided. There are items that were not provided in the supplies backpack .
***Please DO NOT label individual supplies with your child’s name*** We will do that once we get the supplies.
- Can I bring treats to school for my child’s birthday?
You may send treats for your child's birthday. They will need to be store bought items. No home baked items allowed. If sending cupcakes, please send the mini size.
According to our school handbook guidelines, we are not allowed to hand out any party invitations of any kind.
- When will report cards be sent home?
Report cards will be sent home every nine weeks. Please sign the report card and return both report card and envelope promptly!
- Zippered pencil bag: This year your child will have a pencil bag with a zipper inside their folder. Please use this bag for any notes and/or all money that needs to be sent to school. I check these bags daily.
- Should I send money to school with my child?
There may be times during the school year when a note is sent home with your child requesting money for particular activities. Money should only be sent to school in a zip-lock bag. All bags should be labeled with your child’s name, grade, teacher, and the purpose for the money. Please do not send loose money to school for any reason.
- What if my child is sick?
If your child is sick please keep him/her at home. Small children catch germs very easily and illnesses can spread rapidly in the classroom.
Please DO NOT send your child to school with any of the following symptoms:
FEVER- All students with fever 100 or over must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT COULD AFFECT THE HEALTH OF OTHER CHILDREN.
If you will not be sending your child to school due to illness, please contact the office.
If your child becomes sick at school, the nurse will contact you to come and pick your child up. Please keep all phone numbers current so we may reach you in the event of an emergency.
- What should my child wear to school?
Please refer to the dress code on the school website. PreK students are very active and we do activities on the floor. Therefore, please have your child wear shorts when wearing a dress.
- Does my child need a backpack?
Yes, all students will need a functional backpack large enough to hold a 9x12 inch folder inside without folding or bending. Backpacks with wheels are NOT allowed at school. Please label the backpack with his/her name where it is visible on the outside. PLEASE BRING THE BACKPACK TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY.
- Toys and jewelry:
For safety reasons, please do not allow your child to bring any toys or jewelry to school. They can easily become broken, lost, or stolen. Teachers will not be responsible for toys and/or jewelry brought to school. Please do not send stuffed animals for naptime.
- What can I do at home to help my child be successful?
Please work with your child on the following skills at home:
- Recognizing colors
- Recognizing shapes
- Recognizing/identifying numbers
- Recognizing/identifying letters
- Cutting with scissors
- Buttoning, snapping, zipping and tying
- Restroom routine
- What if my contact information changes?
Please let the front office AND your teacher know if any of your contact information changes as soon as possible.
We are so excited to have the opportunity to get to know you, and watch your child grow and learn!