Dear Parents / Students:Welcome to my class!!! I know this is going to be a great year! I have prepared this syllabus to help you and your parents understand how homework and class assignments, projects, and exams determine your grade for this course. Therefore we will cover the following information and topics in this class.
Syllabus and Class Procedures
Information and topics covered in this class will consist of the following:
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2013 Certification preparation.
2. Exercises consisting of step-by-step instruction for all Microsoft Office 2016 applications.
3. Basic introduction to computers. A review in keyboarding and an introduction to computer applications such as MS-2016 Word, and MS-2016 PowerPoint
4. Projects and research related to different social, business, college and career readiness scenarios using various computer applications.
5. Internet usage for class research of different businesses, college, career readiness, and other topics or school related information.
6. Weekly test, nine weeks exams, semester exam and final exam.
7. Daily work using various computer hardware and software applications.
8. Group projects using various computer applications and the Internet.
9. Special projects related to computers, business, college and career readiness, math social issues, science, etc.
Grading will be based on the following:
Daily work and homework
Nine weeks test
Semester/Final ExamsGrades can be checked on Skyward by students and/or parents at any time. I will do my best to keep grades updated in Skyward so you know what your current grade is in my class.
Absences from class:
If you are absent from class you must make-up your assignments and exams in Room 104, before or after school. I will be here every morning before 7:40, and will be here after school as well. If you know you are going to be absent in advance, please let me know so arrangements can be made for you to complete any assignments or exams.
1. You must have signed a Computer Usage Form for computer access in this class.2. CELL PHONES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN CLASS! They will be taken up and turned into the office!
3. The Internet will be used for class related assignments, NO GAMES!
4. Please be in the classroom by the time the tardy bell rings.
5. No food, drinks, or gum allowed in classroom.
6. Please be respectful of teacher, other students, and school property.
7. Please do not cheat or copy other students’ work.
8. Please be respectful when other students or teacher is talking.
9. Please do not turn off another student’s computer while he/she is working.
10. The discipline level(s) procedures will be enforce and followed.
11. Follow all rules as presented in the student code of conduct and by the Principal._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________